Sunday, June 2, 2013

ONCE UPON A WAVE

Reclaiming the clay, beginning the process of creating a new sculpture installation, "Tsunami "

Ever been driving down the road when all of a sudden, your hear one of your favorite tunes on the radio and started singing along? Perhaps, at some point later, you discovered the artist lyrics were completely different from the words you belted out vibrato in the car but you still love to sing along  with your own version of lyrics because of what the words meant to you personally? That's exactly what I love about conceptual art.

I've begun the preliminary work on a sculpture I've been dreaming about for quite some time. "Tsunami" is a participatory sculpture that engages the visual, auditory, and tactile senses. It is a mixed media piece that combines clay, wood, metal, latex, sand and tar.

clay

reclaimed wood frame for sculpture

sketch book notes


After soaking awhile, I'm ready for an exciting day...I am able to mix the clay with my drill and prepare it for pouring into plaster molds.

2 comments:

  1. You are truly artist with words and color. I look forward to seeing more of your creative side...

    ReplyDelete